- Arabic language instruction
- Housing: student dorms
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- All elementary and beginning-level Arabic students are encouraged to apply
- Completed API application
- University Contact Information Form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Application documents must ALL be turned into API by deadline
- Entry requirements: valid passport with supporting documents (more information provided post acceptance)
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Summer: 6 Semester Credits
Students who choose to study abroad in Sharjah with API will enroll at the American University of Sharjah (AUS). The summer Intensive Arabic Language Program at the AUS is a 6-credit course aimed at developing elementary and beginning language skills through formal classroom instruction and daily conversation practice with a native speaker. Students will have 3 hours of class per day, 5 days per week, in addition to 1 hour of lab work each of those days.
API students receive a transcript from the American University of Sharjah upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- UAE Visa, I.D. Card, Medical Tests
- Tuition (including Arabic lab fees)
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Juliana Lindsey is the Sharjah Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to the UAE.
Hong Ho is the Sharjah Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in the UAE.