- Courses in English and Arabic
- Courses with UAE and international students
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (American University of Sharjah)
- Visa cost included
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Application documents must ALL be turned into API by deadline
- Entry requirements: valid passport with supporting documents
Dates & Fees
If you require syllabi that are not listed below, please contact your API Program Manager.
Courses are arranged in the seminar and lecture style. Most courses at AUS are equivalent to 3 U.S. semester credits. Students take 1 or 2 courses and receive 3 or 6 credit hours during the summer session.
Not all courses are offered every year. The course selection may vary, and no course is guaranteed. Some courses may have prerequisites, and some courses may require additional fees for labs, equipment, etc. The campus is fully integrated, with male and female students attending the same courses with the same professors (though housing is separated by gender).
Registration takes place upon arrival; however, we recommend that after consulting the API website for course listings, students have 4 courses approved by their home university prior to departure, in order to allow for scheduling conflicts and the possible unavailability of certain classes. There is an add/drop period at the beginning of the session at AUS.
If you have any questions while looking at the course schedule or filling out your application, please call the API office at (800) 844-4124.