- Courses in English and Arabic
- Courses with UAE and international students
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (American University of Sharjah)
- Visa cost included
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Application documents must ALL be turned into API by deadline
- Entry requirements: valid passport with supporting documents
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Summer: 3-6 Semester Credits
Students who elect to study abroad in Sharjah with API will enroll at the American University of Sharjah (AUS) and choose from a range of undergraduate classes open to Emirati and international students.
AUS awards credit in similar fashion to most U.S. universities. Students usually take 2 classes in order to receive 6 credit hours per semester, or 3 semester credits per course. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they are enrolled in the required amount of semester credits to meet requirements of the home university. In all departments, entrance to specific courses is subject to the approval of AUS and the completion of certain prerequisites.
API students receive a transcript from the American University of Sharjah upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- UAE Visa, I.D. Card, Medical Tests
- Mobile Phone
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Kelsey Patton is the Sharjah Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to the UAE.
Rose Armour is the Sharjah Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in the UAE.