- Classes taught in Spanish and English
- Opportunity for superior-level students to take courses with Spanish students
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.9 G.P.A.
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT AVAILABLE
12-15 semester credits
This program caters to the needs of those with little or no background in Spanish who want to study abroad in Seville, by offering Spanish culture, business and science classes that are taught in English. Students at all levels may take courses in English with Spaniards. Students with more advanced study in Spanish can also choose from a variety of classes in Spanish culture and civilization, either with Spanish or other international students. Each class is equivalent to three semester credits.
A placement exam determines the language level of each student. Spanish language classes have a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 16 students per class. All other classes have a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 25 students per class. Classes are held Monday through Thursday.
The list of courses presented is for both the fall and spring semesters. Course offerings are subject to sufficient enrollment. Students enroll in four to five classes, or 12-15 semester credits per semester, and may choose to study for one semester or for the full year.
Although this is not a Spanish immersion program, students are HIGHLY encouraged to take at least one Spanish language course. Advanced level students may take a variety of upper level content courses in Spanish and/or English. Superior level students may take up to 2 regular classes with Spanish students.
API students will receive a transcript from Universidad Pablo de Olavide upon completion of the program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Metro Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Hannah Stack is the Seville Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Seville team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.