- Classes taught in Spanish
- Options for high-advanced/superior-level students to take courses with Spanish students
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to advanced and superior level Spanish speakers who have completed three to four semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry Requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL SEMESTER CREDIT HOURS
12-15 semester credits
Designed for advanced and superior level Spanish speakers who wish to study abroad in Seville, the Spanish Language and Humanities Program requires that students have completed at 3-4 semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent for admission. Students take 4-5 courses per semester, for a total of 12-15 credits.
This program is ideal for students who want to study a broad range of courses focusing on Spanish language and culture. It is a very beneficial program for Spanish majors and minors. All classes are equivalent to three U.S. semester credits. Students with 3-4 semesters of college-level Spanish take the advanced level classes. Students with five or more semesters of college-level Spanish enroll in the high advanced level classes. High advanced students also have the option of enrolling in courses with Spaniards.
Courses with Spaniards can extend beyond the standard program end date for the fall or spring semesters. Students may choose to pay an extra fee to extend housing and remain in Spain until the official end of the integrated courses (late January/early February for fall classes, late June/early July for spring classes), or they can be selective about which integrated courses they complete and only sign up for courses on-site with professors who agree to let visiting international students complete exams early. Students wishing to take courses with Spaniards in the fall should alert the academic advisor at their home university that courses will need to be selected and approved very quickly once on-site.
API students will receive a transcript from the Universidad de Sevilla upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Hannah Stack is the Seville Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Seville team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.