- Classes taught in Spanish
- Volunteer teaching opportunities available (no credit)
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry Requirements: Valid passport with student visa (for programs over 90 days)
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
- 200 contact hours per quarter
- 20 quarter credits • 12-13 semester credits
- Students will do one quarter of Language and Culture in the fall, followed by a semester in the International Studies and Business Program
- 380 contact hours per quarter
- 38 quarter credits • 25 semester credits
This program is ideal for students who would like to improve their communication and grammar skills, while also taking culture courses in addition to their language studies. Beginning level students focus on developing their oral and written proficiency and all courses relate to language study. Intermediate, advanced and superior level students complete 2-3 cultural electives in addition to their grammar course. A student’s language level is determined by a placement exam administered by the Universidad de Salamanca.
ADDITIONAL CREDIT OPTIONS
Students can earn additional credits if they choose to combine two or more terms, or if they add an intensive month of language, conversation and cultural studies (consisting of 80 contact hours) at the beginning or end of their program.
ACADEMIC YEAR OPTIONS
The Academic Year program includes the fall quarter of the Spanish Language and Culture Program and the spring semester of the International Studies and Business Program. Students who want to do all Langauge and Culture study should choose the Fall & Winter Combined program.
API students will receive a transcript from the Universidad de Salamanca upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception (except spring quarter)
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Mobile Phone
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rachel Mogan is the Salamanca Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Inma Borrego is the Salamanca Resident Director who will work with you during your stay in Spain.