- Classes taught in Spanish and English
- Teaching internships and volunteer opportunities available (no credit)
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels (Spanish taught at intermediate level and higher)
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry Requirements: valid passport with student visa (for programs over 90 days)
Dates & Fees
TOTAL SEMESTER CREDIT HOURS
180-240 contact hours
12-16 total semester credits
This program offers language and culture electives in Spanish for students at the intermediate, advanced and superior levels of Spanish who want to study abroad in Salamanca. Students with no previous Spanish study are welcome to enroll in the different classes taught in English, which include courses in business. Classes conducted in Spanish are not available at beginning level. Spanish Language is the only class conducted in Spanish offered at a low Intermediate level. High Intermediate, Advanced and Superior students can choose among all the different elective classes conducted in Spanish.All classes are equivalent to three U.S. semester credits. Students choose 4-5 classes per semester.
All students complete a Spanish language placement exam upon arrival and are placed into the appropriate language level based on the results of this exam. Beginning level students and students who want to take classes in English are not required to have any previous Spanish study. In order to take electives taught in Spanish, students must place into the intermediate level or higher.
ADDITIONAL CREDIT OPTIONS
Students who want to refresh their Spanish skills before starting their classes can participate in the Early Start programs, which include an intensive 3 weeks of study for an additional 60 contact hours of Spanish language instruction and elective coursework.
API students will receive a transcript from the Universidad de Salamanca upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Mobile Phone
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rachel Mogan is the Salamanca Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Inma Borrego is the Salamanca Resident Director who will work with you during your stay in Spain.