- Classes taught in Spanish
- Jan-term available
- Programs offered year-round
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry Requirements: Valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT CONTACT HOURS
approximately 3 semester credits
4-5 semester credits
5-6 semester credits
Intensive two-week, three-week and month-long courses in Spanish language and culture are available throughout the year for those who want to study abroad in Salamanca on a short term program.
Most students choose to fly into Madrid Barajas International Airport and travel independently by bus to Salamanca.
Ground transportation to/ from Madrid is not included in the program fee unless the student selects a program in September or January, but it can be arranged at an additional cost. ONLY January and September programs include airport reception and an orientation program in Madrid in the program fee.
No excursions are included during the intensive month, two- or three-week programs.
If this program is taken along with a semester or quarter program, a discount is applied.
API students will receive a transcript from the Universidad de Salamanca upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Mobile Phone
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rachel Mogan is the Salamanca Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Inma Borrego is the Salamanca Resident Director who will work with you during your stay in Spain.