- Classes taught in Spanish
- Enroll directly in classes with Spanish students
- Teaching internships and volunteer opportunities available (no credit)
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to juniors and seniors (minimum 5 semesters of college-level Spanish or equivalent)
- Open to superior level Spanish speakers
- Completion of an oral interview
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry Requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL SEMESTER CREDIT HOURS
180-360 contact hours
12-24 total semester credits
The Integrated Studies with Spaniards Program (PEI) offers fluent (or near native) Spanish speakers who wish to study abroad in Salamanca the opportunity to enroll directly in classes with Spaniards. This program is a great opportunity for the motivated, superior level Spanish speaker who wants to study abroad with complete immersion.
The University of Salamanca welcomes foreign students into this program who meet the following requirements: completion of a minimum of 5 semesters minimum of college level Spanish (or the equivalent proficiency) for admission; current enrollment in an American university; completion of a minimum of two and a maximum of six classes per semester.
ADDITIONAL CREDIT OPTIONS
The early start program includes a mandatory intensive two-three weeks of Spanish language instruction and elective options for an additional 40-60 contact hours (2-4 U.S. credits) to help students refresh their Spanish skills and boost their confidence in the language before starting regular semester classes. Students who elect to take courses other than first year courses with Spaniards may not be eligible to complete the intensive Spanish course due to scheduling conflicts.
API students will receive a transcript from the Universidad de Salamanca upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Mobile Phone
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rachel Mogan is the Salamanca Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Inma Borrego is the Salamanca Resident Director who will work with you during your stay in Spain.