- Classes taught in Spanish and English
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry requirement: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL SEMESTER CREDITS AVAILABLE
90 hours per session
6 semester credits per session (up to 12 total)
Students who want to study abroad in Madrid during the summer with API will participate in the Spanish Language, Culture, and Business Program at Universidad Nebrija. This program consists of 2 classes worth 45 contact hours per course. Students take an online placement exam prior to their arrival and are placed into a level based on the results of this exam. Students may elect to take one Spanish language course and one course taught in English, or they may take both courses in either Spanish or English. Language levels correspond to the European Framework levels.
API students will receive a transcript from Universidad Nebrija.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Ryan McCann is the Madrid Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Quique Blanco Lopez and Maria Angeles Garcia are the Madrid Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Spain.