- Classes taught in English and Spanish
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
12-21 U.S. semester credits
Offering classes taught in English in both business and humanities, as well as Spanish language courses, at all levels, the Spanish Language, Business and Humanities Program is open to beginning, intermediate, advanced and superior level Spanish speakers who want to study abroad in Madrid. Students who have completed more advanced Spanish courses can choose from a wide variety of classes focusing on Spanish culture and civilization that are taught in Spanish. A placement exam determines the language level of each student.
Students can choose courses taught in Spanish from within their language level as well as courses from within the “Courses In English” category. The fall early start semester begins with an intensive two-week Spanish language course for 3 semester credits. The spring early start semester begins with an intensive four-week Spanish language course for 6 credits. Depending on the term, students then choose four-five additional classes at 3 credits each for a total of 12 or 21 semester credits.
API students will receive a transcript from Universidad Nebrija upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Ryan McCann is the Madrid Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Quique Blanco Lopez and Maria Angeles Garcia are the Madrid Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Spain.