- Classes taught in Spanish and English
- Take courses with Spanish students
- International excursion
- Apply early – classes fill quickly!
- 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to advanced and superior-level Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
12-21 Semester Credits
Advanced/superior level students who want to study abroad in Madrid may take up to 5 courses with Spaniards through API at Universidad Nebrija’s main campus or it’s second campus located on the outskirts of Madrid. Campus Dehesa de la Villa is within the city of Madrid, while Campus de Berzosa in on the outskirts of Madrid. Students will only be able to choose classes from one area of study and one campus – i.e. mixing of subjects or campuses is not possible.
The early start fall semester begins with an optional* intensive two-week Spanish language course for 3 semester credits. Students then choose 4 or 5 classes (at least one has to be in Spanish) for a total of 12-18 semester credits for the Fall.
*Optional only for B2 and higher levels. Students that take the placement test before arrival (test conducted by Universidad Nebrija) and are placed in levels below B2 are required to take the intensive, early start programs.
API students will receive a transcript from Universidad Nebrija upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Ryan McCann is the Madrid Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Quique Blanco Lopez and Maria Angeles Garcia are the Madrid Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Spain.