- Classes taught in English and Spanish
- International excursion
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
12 U.S. semester credits
Students who are interested in a study abroad program in Madrid that focuses on communications studies, humanities, and sciences will be a perfect fit for this program.
Students will take up to 4 classes, and may take an extra class for an additional fee. Courses are available in the Sciences (Biomedical Engineering, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, and Architecture) and in the Communication fields (Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations, Audiovisual Communication and Digital Communication). All classes are in English but students may also take a Spanish Language course (offered at different levels). Courses must be taken from one area of study. It may be possible to take classes from other areas of study, but this will need to be approved by the Universidad CEU San Pablo to assure there are no schedule or space conflicts.
The courses are offered at two different campuses of the university – Moncloa (in the main university area of Madrid), and Monteprincipe (on the outskirts of the city – free buses are provided, along with metro).
Universidad CEU San Pablo is Spain’s oldest private university with more than 80 years of experience in higher education, particularly its School of Communication Sciences, created in 1926. The school is proud of its ability to grant personalized attention to students as well as offering them fully-equipped and highly-qualified facilities (like its FabLab Madrid part of the MIT FabLab Network). It has a strong reputation in the Sciences with prestigious Schools of Pharmacy, Medicine, Engineering and Architecture, this last one accredited by the NAAB.
API students will receive a transcript from Universidad CEU San Pablo upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Ryan McCann is the Madrid Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Quique Blanco Lopez and Maria Angeles Garcia are the Madrid Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Spain.