- Classes taught in Spanish and English
- Internships available (for credit, additional fee)
- Option to enroll in courses with Spaniards
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (Suffolk University)
- AACSB accredited business courses
- International excursion
- Apply early – classes fill quickly!
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
If you require syllabi that are not listed below, please contact your API Program Coordinator.
Internship in Local Companies (3-4)
- 5 semesters of Spanish
- Placements vary per course/department
- Within 45 minute commute of city center
- Deadlines earlier than academic program – apply early
- Spring: October 1
- Fall: April 25
API students participating in the Suffolk University Madrid program have the opportunity to participate in a credit-bearing internship to complement their academic studies. Placements are available in a variety of fields, including: global business, communications and journalism, economics, government, history, management, marketing, philosophy (applied ethics), psychology, sociology, theater, science, and women’s and gender studies. Students must have a high level of Spanish language proficiency (minimum 5 semesters), as all placements are in Spanish businesses/organizations. The deadlines for the internships are earlier than the regular academic program, so students are encouraged to apply early. These internships are offered for an additional fee. Contact the API office for more information.
SPRING AND FALL COURSES
Please follow the link below for updated courses and syllabi.