- Classes taught in Spanish and English
- Internships available (for credit, additional fee)
- Option to enroll in courses with Spaniards
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (Suffolk University)
- AACSB accredited business courses
- International excursion
- Apply early – classes fill quickly!
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDITS AVAILABLE
12-17 Semester credits
This program is designed for students who wish to study abroad in Madrid primarily in English, while still having the option of taking some courses in Spanish. Students choose 3-5 courses per semester. Most classes are equivalent to four semester credits, unless otherwise noted. Business classes are equivalent to three semester credits each.
Minimum enrollment is required for each course to be offered and no class is guaranteed. Students are encouraged to identify alternates and visit the API website for the most current course offerings. Additional fees are charged for courses that offer field trips or lab work.
COURSES WITH SPANISH STUDENTS
In addition to their classes at Suffolk University, students have the opportunity to enroll in classes with Spanish students at the neighboring Spanish University CEU San Pablo. While most classes at University CEU San Pablo are taught in Spanish and require at least one previous upper-division Spanish class (or equivalent proficiency) some classes may be available in English. Contact the API office for more information.
API students will receive a transcript from Suffolk University upon completion of their program.
Suffolk University Madrid Campus is fully accredited as a branch campus of Suffolk University in Boston MA by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC). The Madrid Campus receives its own regular on-site accreditation reviews and fulfills the NEASC Principles of Good Practice in Overseas International Programs, as well as meeting the standards of NEASC’s Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
In Spain , Suffolk University Madrid Campus is authorized by the Consejería de Educación y Cultura de la Comunidad de Madrid, the official educational body within the Madrid regional government.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Ryan McCann is the Madrid Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Quique Blanco Lopez and Maria Angeles Garcia are the Madrid Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Spain.