- Classes taught in Spanish
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CONTACT HOURS/CREDITS AVAILABLE
80-90 contact hours per session
5-6 credits per session (up to 12 total)
This program is designed for students at all levels who wish to study abroad in Granada to begin or to improve their knowledge of Spanish language in an immersion setting. Students study Spanish grammar and conversation. Students may earn 80-90 contact hours (5-6 semester credits) per summer term.
An essentially communicative approach is used in these courses along with the use of the most up-to-date audiovisual technology. These courses are designed to suit the needs of all students. Each student’s level of study is based on a placement exam administered upon arrival by the University of Granada.
Students wishing to complete both summer terms have the option of taking the Summer 1 Intensive Language program session, and transitioning to the Summer 2 Spanish Language & Culture program session (provided they have a B1.1 level of Spanish).
Transcripts are issued by the Universidad de Granada upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Lauren Daniels is the Granada Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Carmen López Márquez and Carmen Chico Mohedano (“Curra”) are the Granada Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in Spain.