- Classes taught in Spanish & English
- FORUM on Education Abroad QUIP accreditation
- International excursion
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Junior or Senior Standing at time of application
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Students who wish to take advanced-level Spanish courses must have completed 4 semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional application forms (including a housing form, a course form, and visa form)
- Personal Statement/Motivation letter
- One (electronic) passport-sized photo
- Copy of passport (or confirmation of passport application)
- Entry Documents: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Contact hours: 180-225 per semester Semester credits: 12-15 per semester
The Hispanic and European Studies Program provides beginning through superior-level Spanish speakers the opportunity to take a variety of courses in Spanish or English at one of the most prestigious universities in Barcelona. The language course is equivalent to 6 credits, whereas elective courses are typically equivalent to 3 credits. Courses are taken with other international students. Students are welcome to complete up to 15 credits per semester and can add additional courses for an extra fee. The Spanish language course is available for all levels, but it is only required for those students who plan on taking all of their courses in Spanish. Students who plan on taking their courses in Spanish must have a minimum of 4 semesters of college-level Spanish experience.
Students complete a placement exam upon arrival and are placed into a Spanish course based on the results of that exam.
API students will receive a transcript from the Universitat Pompeu Fabra upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Juliana Lindsey is the Barcelona Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Barcelona team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.