- Classes: taught in Spanish
- Volunteer and community service activities
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry Documents: valid passport
Dates & Fees
If you require syllabi that are not listed below, please contact your API Program Manager.
BEGINNING LEVEL (EUROPEAN FRAMEWORK LEVELS A1 – A2)
Beginning Spanish Grammar (6) – Conducted in Spanish
This course introduces students to the fundamentals of Spanish grammar. Particular attention is given to the difficult parts of speech that foreign students encounter. Spanish culture is incorporated into this course. The A1 level is not taught during the summer 1 term.
(EUROPEAN FRAMEWORK LEVELS B1 – B2)
Intermediate Spanish Grammar (6) – Conducted in Spanish
This course offers a systematic review of all verb tenses and moods, and helps students to further develop and improve their writing, reading and speaking skills. Vocabulary acquisition is a key component of the course. Spanish culture is incorporated into this course.
(EUROPEAN FRAMEWORK LEVELS B2+ – C1)
Advanced Spanish Grammar (6) – Conducted in Spanish
This course concentrates on the following topics: past tense narration, subjunctive, future, and conditional. Students also review pronouns, ser/estar, comparisons, impersonal “se”, and prepositions. Spanish culture is incorporated into this course.