- Classes: taught in Spanish
- Volunteer and community service activities
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry Documents: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS PER SEMESTER
Contact hours: 90
Semester credits: 6
This program is intended for students who want to study abroad in Barcelona and improve their Spanish language skills in an immersion setting. Level of language study is based on a placement exam administered upon arrival by the University of Barcelona
Summer Program Information
Summer students have a language course (for 90 contact hours). The culture portion of the language course (30 contact hours) focuses on key aspects related to Spanish History, Art and Literature in its periods of greatest splendor and character (Middle Ages, Siglo de Oro, Art and Culture in the 20th century). Visits to some of the major cultural sites in Barcelona are part of the course.
API students will receive a transcript from the Universitat de Barcelona upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Juliana Lindsey is the Barcelona Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Barcelona team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.