- Classes: taught in Spanish and English
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to beginning, intermediate, advanced, and superior level Spanish speakers
- Beginning level students must have completed at least one semester of college level Spanish or the equivalent
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry Documents: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS PER SEMESTER
Contact hours: 190-200
Semester credits: 12
Students who study abroad in Barcelona in the Hispanic Studies Program complete one Spanish language class that meets for a total of 9 hours per week (110 hours each semester). Students then choose an additional 4 culture courses (for 6 semester credits). Any combination of 4 culture courses per level, per term will earn the student 6 semester credits. UB language levels correspond to the European Common Framework.
Intermediate, advanced, and superior level Spanish speakers who participate in an academic year program and complete 2 culture courses (for 90 contact hours each) and an additional section of a culture course per term (or 45 contact hours) during the year will receive the Diploma de Estudios Hispánicos. Course content for the spring semester will be different/more advanced than in the fall semester, and students do not repeat material.
API students will receive a transcript from the Universitat de Barcelona upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Juliana Lindsey is the Barcelona Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Barcelona team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.