- Classes taught in Spanish & English
- Volunteer and community involvement activities
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional application forms (including a housing form and a course form)
- One (electronic) passport-sized photo
- Entry Documents: valid passport
Dates & Fees
API students participate in several excursions per session designed to help familiarize them with areas of their host city, country, and surrounding region. The following is a listing of all excursions for API Barcelona programs. All excursions are subject to change.
The Costa Brava is famous for its cliffs and rocky beaches. Tossa de Mar is home to a famous medieval castle. Figueres is famous for being the birthplace of Salvador Dalí where he created his biggest surrealist work, the Teatre Museu Gala Salvador Dalí.
ISLAND OF MALLORCA
Mallorca offers a unique combination of culture, nature and nightlife. It lies in the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of mainland Spain and is one of Europe’s most fashionable holiday destinations due to its historical and cultural richness as well as its beautiful beaches.
The coastal town of Sitges, by the southern coast of Barcelona, is renowned for its beaches, cultural heritage, Cinema Festival, Carnival and nightlife. In the late 19th century the town became the focal point for modernist artists (writers, musicians, critics, sculptors and painters) and was defined as ‘The Mecca of Modernism’.