- Classes taught in Spanish & English
- Volunteer and community involvement activities
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional application forms (including a housing form and a course form)
- One (electronic) passport-sized photo
- Entry Documents: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Semester credits: 6
Students who are looking to study abroad in Barcelona over the summer and take courses in English are good candidates for this program. All classes except for the Spanish language classes are taught in English. Students take a placement exam online prior to arrival and are placed into a level based on the results of this exam.
API students will receive a transcript from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Juliana Lindsey is the Barcelona Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Barcelona team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.