- Classes: taught in Spanish
- Volunteer and community involvement activities
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry Documents: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Semester credits: 6
This program is intended for students who want to study abroad in Barcelona and focus on improving their Spanish language skills in an immersion setting. Students are assessed based on classroom participation, local field trips, a short research paper, and exams. Students take a placement exam online prior to arrival and are placed into a level based on the results of this exam.
API students will receive a transcript from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Manuel Ramirez is the Barcelona Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Barcelona team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.