- Classes: taught in Spanish & English
- Triple international business school accreditation: AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to undergraduate and graduate students
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers (online placement exam prior to arrival to determine level)
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Personal statement
- Additional application forms (including a housing form and a course form)
- One (electronic) passport-sized photo
- Entry Documents: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS PER TERM
Semester credits: 6
Students who are looking to study abroad in Barcelona over the summer and take business and international studies courses in English at an elite academic institution are good candidates for this program. All classes except for the Spanish language classes are taught in English. Students take a placement exam online prior to arrival and are placed into a level based on the results of this exam.
Students will choose one 3-credit track from a selection of core modules, which include topics in International Business and Entrepreneurship, and Innovation. In addition to these core modules, students will participate in an integrated workshop in cross-cultural studies.
Students will also choose one 3-credit track from a selection of elective modules, which include topics in Geopolitics, Communication Skills, and Spanish Language and Culture.
ESADE is an independent nonprofit university institution, founded in 1958 in Barcelona when a group of entrepreneurs and Jesuit Society members joined forces. Since 1995 it has formed part of the Ramon Llull University. ESADE has a strong academic reputation, and is one of a select group of institutions worldwide to achieve the triple crown of business accreditation which includes American accreditation through the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), British accreditation by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and European accreditation by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
API students will receive a transcript from the ESADE Business School upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Monthly Metro Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Juliana Lindsey is the Barcelona Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Barcelona team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.