- Classes: taught in English
- Oldest design school in Spain
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- Letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional application forms (including a housing form, a course form, and visa form)
- One (electronic) passport-sized photo
- Copy of passport (or confirmation of passport application)
- Entry Documents: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Contact hours: 180 per semester
Semester credits: 12 per semester
Founded in 1961, Elisava – Escola Universitària de Barcelona | Disseny i Enginyeria was the first School of Design to open in Spain, and as a pioneer set the methodological guidelines that have served as a starting point for other similar schools. Throughout its history, ELISAVA’s role has been instrumental in shaping the culture of design in Catalonia and Spain. ELISAVA is a college of Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
The Free Elective program at ELISAVA offers students with or without a background in design the opportunity to learn in a hands-on environment from among the top design minds in Catalonia and Spain.
This program features two tracks:
Track A: This track is for students without a design background, and is structured as follows:
- 2 mandatory subjects
- 2 optional courses (2 electives, or 1 elective and 1 Spanish language course)
- 12 total credits
Track B: This track is for students with a design background, and is structured as follows:
- A combination of 3 elective courses plus 1 Spanish language course (12 credits)
- or 4 electives (12 credits)
API students will receive a transcript from the Elisava – Escola Universitària de Barcelona | Disseny i Enginyeria/Universitat Pompeu Fabra upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Manuel Ramirez is the Barcelona Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Barcelona team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.