- Ranked #1 in U.K. for welcoming international students, campus environment; #2 in U.K. for sports facilities; top 10 in U.K. for extra-curricular activities/societies; 15 in U.K. for library
- Ranked #1 in Scotland, top 5 in U.K. for Criminology – Guardian University Rankings
- Ranked #1 in Scotland, top 10 in U.K. for Media/Film Studies, Social Policy – Guardian University Rankings
- Ranked #1 in Scotland, top 15 in U.K. for Education – Guardian University Rankings
- Ranked #2 in Scotland, top 15 in U.K. for Sociology
- Ranked 1st in Scotland and 8th in U.K. in The Times Higher Education “100 under 50” table, which ranks the world’s best 100 universities under 50 years old
- Scotland’s “university of sporting excellence”
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Completed API Application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Entry requirements: valid passport with supporting documents
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
15 semester credits
Students who choose to study abroad in Stirling with API enroll in courses with Scottish and other international students at the University of Stirling – one of the most popular universities in Scotland. The university offers courses across five major areas, including health and well-being, culture and society, environment, enterprise and the economy, and sport.
The University of Stirling award credits based on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF). To determine U.S. semester credit equivalency, common practice is to divide the SCQF amount by 4. Generally, one course at Stirling is worth 20 SCQF credits, which equates to approximately 5 U.S. semester credits. 3 Stirling modules (60 SCQF credits) is considered a full-semester load, and 6 course modules (120 SCQF credits)is considered a full-year load. Students take 3 courses per semester and earn up to 15 U.S. semester credits.
API students receive their transcripts from the University of Stirling upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Historic Scotland Tourism Card
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Kelsey Patton is the Stirling Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Scotland.
Alexis Webster is the Stirling Resident Coordinator, and will work with you during your stay in Scotland.