- Classes taught in English
- Scotland’s “University of Sporting Excellence”
- Internships available in summer 2 session (for credit)
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors & seniors
- Completed API Application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Entry requirements: valid passport and supporting documents (Tier 4 visa required if participating in an internship)
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
6 semester credits per session (up to 12 total)
Students who choose to study abroad in Stirling with API will choose from summer modules/classes offered over two four-week blocks. Each module consists of in-class and excursion components, giving students the opportunity to enjoy university teaching both in and out of the classroom. Modules are assessed by a combination of exam, essay, presentation and fieldwork.
There is an internship option available in the 2nd summer session. Students who are interested in this option must also participate in the summer 1 session, and are strongly encouraged to apply early, as placements fill quickly.
Summer students at the University of Stirling can earn 3 credits per course for a total of 6-12 U.S. semester credits over a four-eight week period.
API students receive their transcripts from the University of Stirling upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Kelsey Patton is the Stirling Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Scotland.
Alexis Webster is the Stirling Resident Coordinator, and will work with you during your stay in Scotland.