- Classes taught in English
- Immersive, hands-on learning
- Internship track available
- Listed among the world’s top 20 universities
- Ranked 1st in Scotland and 4th in the U.K. for research (2014 U.K. Research Excellence Framework)
- Ranked 6th best university in Europe (U.S. News’ Best Global Universities)
- Ranked 12th in the world for arts and humanities (Times Higher Education 2014-2015)
- Ranked 17th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2014-2015)
- 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors & seniors
- Completed API Application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Entry requirements: valid passport with supporting documents
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
4 semester credits
API students in Edinburgh can enroll in an innovative co-curricular summer school experience offering a variety of educational and cultural immersion experiences to complement the academically rigorous curriculum. The summer school aims to challenge and inspire students with a key theme of enhancing employability prospects, cultural education and reflecting on the big issues and global challenges of today with a unique Scottish twist. There are also innovative tracks focusing on immersive, hands-on learning in the city, and an internship focused on business in the arts!
Most summer courses at the University of Edinburgh are worth 20 SCQF credits – or roughly equivalent to 4 US credits.
Each summer term, the University of Edinburgh offers courses in the following subject areas: art, business, economics and politics, interdisciplinary, language and culture, philosophy, and education. Course times, course descriptions and the session in which a course is offered are subject to change and no course is guaranteed.
API students receive their transcript from the University of Edinburgh upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Kelsey Patton is the Edinburgh Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Scotland.
Alexis Webster is the Edinburgh Resident Coordinator, and will work with you during your stay in Scotland.