- Classes taught in English
- Listed among the world’s top 20 universities
- Work alongside members of the Scottish Parliament!
- 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to juniors & seniors
- Completed API Application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Completion of a minimum of four courses in politics, international relations, government, or social/public policy with grades of B or higher
- Entry requirements: valid passport with Tier 4 visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
12-13 semester credits
This program begins with 4 weeks of intensive teaching and other activities, designed to provide participants with an initial grounding in British and Scottish politics, society and culture. Classes are taught by academic staff of the Academy of Government, part of the School of Social and Political Science. It then continues with an additional 5 weeks comprised of an internship placement with a Member of Scottish Parliament (MSP).
This program is worth 50 credits at the University of Edinburgh. Credits at the University of Edinburgh are roughly equivalent to twice the amount of ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System), which in turn are roughly equivalent to twice the amount of U.S. semester credits.
API students receive their transcript from the University of Edinburgh upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Kelsey Patton is the Edinburgh Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Scotland.
Alexis Webster is the Edinburgh Resident Coordinator, and will work with you during your stay in Scotland.