- Classes taught in English
- Ranked 13th in the U.K. and 2nd in Scotland (Guardian)
- Top in the U.K. for Chemistry and Civil Engineering (Guardian)
- 1st in U.K. for Chemical and Electrical Engineering (National Student Survey)
- Top 10 in the U.K. for Accounting & Finance, Building and Town & Country Planning, Business, Management & Marketing, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Mathematics (Guardian)
- Named “Scottish University of the Year” 2012 and 2013
- Top ‘100 under 50’ 2014 – (Times Higher Education World University Rankings)
- Honored with “Scottish Student Union of the Year”
- Great location for S.T.E.M. and business students
- 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Completed API Application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Entry requirements: valid passport with supporting documents
Dates & Fees
If you require syllabi that are not listed below, please contact your API Program Coordinator.
Students are allowed to choose courses from the first, second and third year classes. Not all courses are offered every semester or every year. The course selection may vary, and no course is guaranteed. Some courses may have prerequisites, and some courses may require additional fees for labs, equipment, etc.
Registration takes place upon arrival; however, we recommend that after consulting the API website for course listings, students have 6-8 courses approved by their home university prior to departure (of which they will enroll in 4), in order to allow for scheduling conflicts and the possible unavailability of certain classes.
Students should use these course listings when completing the course preregistration form (available in the student’s @api account) for the API application. Course times, course descriptions and the semester in which a course is offered are subject to change and no course is guaranteed.
COURSES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT AREAS:
- Accountancy and Finance
- Actuarial Mathematics and Statistics
- Architectural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Computer Science and Information Systems
- Construction Project Management and Quantity Surveying
- Design for Textiles
- Electrical, Electronic, and Computer Engineering
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion, Marketing, and Retailing
- Fashion Technology
- Geography, Urban Planning, and Property Development
- Interior Design
- International Business Management
- Languages and Intercultural Studies
- Mechanical Engineering