- Classes taught in English
- Ranked 13th in the U.K. and 2nd in Scotland (Guardian)
- Top in the U.K. for Chemistry and Civil Engineering (Guardian)
- 1st in U.K. for Chemical and Electrical Engineering (National Student Survey)
- Top 10 in the U.K. for Accounting & Finance, Building and Town & Country Planning, Business, Management & Marketing, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Mathematics (Guardian)
- Named “Scottish University of the Year” 2012 and 2013
- Top ‘100 under 50’ 2014 – (Times Higher Education World University Rankings)
- Honored with “Scottish Student Union of the Year”
- Great location for S.T.E.M. and business students
- 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Completed API Application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Entry requirements: valid passport with supporting documents
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
15 semester credits
Students who choose to study abroad in Edinburgh at Heriot-Watt University with API will enroll in courses with Scottish and other international students. Heriot-Watt specializes in a variety of science and engineering subjects, but is also a leader in subjects such as brewing and distilling, business, fashion, design, and textiles.
Heriot-Watt University award credits based on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF). Students should aim to take 60 SCQF credits per semester. Each course is normally worth 15 SCQF credits, meaning that students would take four courses per semester. Each course is roughly equivalent to 3.75 U.S. credits (if students are taking 30 U.S. credits in an academic year). Courses can usually be taken from first, second and third-year options (subject to pre-requisites).
API students receive their transcript from Heriot-Watt University upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Kelsey Patton is the Edinburgh Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Scotland.
Alexis Webster is the Edinburgh Resident Coordinator, and will work with you during your stay in Scotland.