- Classes taught in Polish and English
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen (2nd semester), sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Open to all levels of Polish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Statement of purpose
- Course pre-registration form
- Entry requirement: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL SEMESTER CREDIT HOURS
5-9 Semester Credits
Students who want to study abroad in Krakow with API will be able to take a Polish language course along with cultural electives in English.
Students complete a 5-credit Polish language course (for approximately 4-6 hours per day), along with 1-2 elective courses, each meeting 1.5 hours per day. Students in this Intensive Track program may not take the Polish Art course due to scheduling conflicts.
Students who choose study abroad in Krakow with API attend courses at the Jagiellonian University of Krakow’s School of Polish Language and Culture. All students are REQUIRED to take a Polish language course during the summer session. Language classes are taught in Polish and most culture courses are taught in English. Some culture courses are taught in Polish for advanced students. For the summer program, students can earn a total of 5-9 semester credits. All courses are taken with other American and international students. The number of credits per course vary and are indicated in parentheses after the course title.
The course selection is subject to change and enrollment in specific courses can only be guaranteed upon formal registration at the university. Some courses may require a minimum enrollment, and not all courses are offered each semester. Some courses may have prerequisites. In these cases, equivalent coursework and/or experience may be considered. API recommends that you obtain pre-approval for all of your course selections prior to departure.
Students will receive a transcript from the Jagiellonian University of Krakow upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (with internet access in apartments or internet cafes)
- Mobile Phone
- Transit Pass
- Meals (2 per day)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day, international)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Lauren Daniels is the Krakow Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Poland.
Piotr Gębalski is the Krakow Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Poland.