- Classes taught in English
- Triple crown of business accreditation
- Special U. Auckland and New Zealand scholarship opportunities available – see the API Scholarships Page!
- 3.0 G.P.A. (2.8G.P.A. with academic reference)
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors (supplemental admission requirements for freshmen)
- Completed API Application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
API students at the University of Auckland will be able to enroll in a variety of subject areas with both local “Kiwis” and other international students from over 85 countries.
Courses in New Zealand are commonly referred to as “papers.” Introductory papers are called 100-level papers; subsequent years or semesters are considered 200- and 300-level papers. 400-level papers are considered at the graduate level. Most papers are single-semester and are worth 15 points (credits). Minimum full-time enrollment at U of A includes 60 points (i.e. 4 papers per semester). One 15 point paper is generally equivalent to 3-4 U.S. semester credits or 4-6 quarter units. Given that point values vary, the way in which credits completed abroad will transfer to a student’s home campus will be at the discretion of the student’s home institution and should be verified in advance.
API students receive their transcript from the University of Auckland upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Coordinator
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (included, but billed separately from program cost; housing during 3-month semester break not included)
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Auckland Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to New Zealand.
Tiana Meintjes is the Auckland Resident Coordinator and will work with you during your stay in New Zealand.