- Classes taught in English and Italian
- Participate in one of the most celebrated art festivals in the world!
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (Marist College)
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Studio art or digital media majors with an interest in art history are encouraged to apply
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry Requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
6 semester credits
The Venice Biennale is the world’s oldest and most prestigious art exposition. This program gives students the opportunity to explore the work of global contemporary artists featured at the Biennale sites and museums. Students will be immersed in the unique culture of Venice, Italy, where they are surrounded by the works of artists of both the past and present. The works explored and discussed will help students draw their own inspirations for their final project.
Two instructors, as well as rotating visiting faculty, teach this combined studio/art history program and meet with students five days a week for four weeks. After consulting with a faculty advisor, the students work towards creating a body of work that will culminate in an exhibition that will be an ancillary project of the Biennale. The concentrations are painting, drawing, sculpture, digital photography, or cross-disciplinary. Students are expected to have a background in art history, studio art, or similar experience.
The Venice Biennale has for over a century been one of the most prestigious cultural institutions in the world. Ever since its foundation in 1895, it has been in the avant-garde, promoting new artistic trends and organizing international events in the contemporary arts in accordance with a multi-disciplinary model which characterizes its unique nature.
Students receive a transcript from U.S.-accredited Marist College upon completion of this program. Marist College is a four-year, fully accredited U.S. college in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Directors & Staff
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rachel Mogan is the Venice Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Italy.