- Classes taught in English and Italian
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (Marist College)
- Immersive setting
- Agricultural Studies and Technologies Options!
- Internships and service-learning options available (for credit)
- Minimum 2.8 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
12 – 16 semester credits
API students who choose to study abroad at Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute – Tuscania may select from a variety of courses in the fields of Italian language and culture, humanities, sciences, and studio arts.
Students are required to take at least 1 Italian language course, and then may choose an additional 3-4 courses from the aforementioned subject areas (detailed on the course information page).
SERVICE-LEARNING AND INTERNSHIPS
API students have the opportunity to earn valuable credits through service-learning and internship experiences with LdM in Tuscania! Students earn 3 credits for their project, which is counted toward their total academic load for the semester, and appear on the academic transcript along with a pass/fail notation. Students are assessed based on a weekly journal, a minimum of two papers, and an evaluation by their academic advisor/tutor at LdM. Options are listed on the API/LdM course schedules on the website, and will focus on placements in organizations engaged in socially meaningful tasks. These may include:
• Service-learning: Working with women, children, elderly, disabled, and/or immigrants; Language exchange with local high school; Environmental projects
• Internships: Marketing/Advertising
Students should indicate their interest in an internship or service-learning option upon application, and submit a résumé/C.V., essay, and portfolio. The essay should discuss the student’s reason for applying, expectations about the placement, and a detailed description of the duties in which the student would like to partake in. An on-site interview is required of all service-learning participants. Placements are limited, so students are encouraged to apply early!
Students receive a transcript from U.S.-accredited Marist College for courses taken at LdM. Marist College is a four-year, fully accredited U.S. college in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rachel Mogan is the Tuscania Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Italy.
Matteo Berni (picture forthcoming) is the Tuscania Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Italy.