- Classes taught in English and Italian with international, and American students
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (Marist College)
- Art history internship option available (for credit) for qualified students
- Minimum 2.8 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
12-16 semester credits
This program is designed for students interested studying abroad in Rome who wish to select courses from a wide variety of disciplines with less emphasis on Italian language. All students must take at least one Italian language course per semester. Italian language courses are taught at all levels (beginning through advanced), while most other courses are taught in English.
LDM INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
API students have the opportunity to earn valuable credits through an internship experience with LdM in Rome! Students earn 3 credits for their internship placement, which is counted toward their total academic load for the semester, and which appears on the academic transcript along with a pass/fail notation. Students are assessed based on a weekly reports, a minimum of two papers, and an evaluation by their academic advisor/tutor at LdM. Options are listed on the API/LdM course schedules on the website, and will focus on placements in organizations engaged in socially meaningful tasks.
The Rome LdM Internship option provides Art History and Museum Studies students with the opportunity to participate in a Museum and Gallery Internship. Placements could include a museum, gallery, or church in Rome.
Students should indicate their interest in an internship upon application, and submit a résumé/C.V., essay, and portfolio (if applicable). The essay should discuss the student’s reason for applying, expectations about the placement, and a detailed description of the duties in which the student would like to partake in. An on-site interview is required of all internship participants. Placements are limited and cannot be guaranteed, so students are encouraged to apply early!”
You will receive U.S.-transferable credits for courses taken at LdM from Marist College. Marist College is a four-year, fully accredited U.S. college in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rachel Mogan is the Rome Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Italy.
Alessio Balduini and Naike Valeriano are the Rome Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Italy.