- Classes taught in English and Italian with international students
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (Marist College)
- Field-based workshops available
- Minimum 2.8 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
3-6 Semester Credits
Students who choose to study abroad in Florence with API at Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute (LdM) – Florence may elect to take 1 or 2 courses per four-week term; alternatively, they may elect to pursue a 6-credit workshop course.
LdM offers a variety of studio workshops during the summer. These workshops provide students with the opportunity to work on-location and involve field work as well as theoretical lectures. The workshops are 4 weeks in duration and are worth 6 U.S. semester credits. Each workshop, based in Florence, focuses on a particular discipline and includes one week of fi eld study. Workshop participants may not be able to attend all API excursions due to required course travel. Students are not reimbursed for any missed API excursions. Workshops are listed in the summer course offerings section along with the other course information.
LDM PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The LdM Professional Opportunities Program offers students a non-credit experiential learning experience. It is similar to an internship, but it requires less time and is based around the completion of one single project. Students are given the opportunity to collaborate with both the LdM Institute and local Florentine businesses, organizations and associations, and upon successful completion of the project, students receive a certificate of participation. The Professional Opportunities Project gives students the opportunity to add international work experience to their resume/curriculum vitae. The Professional Opportunities offered for each semester are generally announced at the beginning of the term, after the students have arrived, and the professional opportunities offered differ from term to term.
Opportunities may include:
- Blogging for LDM Marketing Office
- Graphic Design for local businesses
- Marketing and social media for local businesses
Students receive transcripts from U.S.-accredited Marist College for courses taken at LdM. Marist College is a four-year, fully accredited U.S. college in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Program Manager and Coordinator
Jaclyn Whitehead is the Florence Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Italy.
Lauren Daniels is the Florence Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Italy.
Federica Guerrieri, Ellen Oyasaeter, Monica Gabbrielli, Valentina Scalini are the Florence Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Italy.