- Classes taught in English and Italian with international students
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (Marist College)
- Jan-term program
- Combine multiple intensive months in other API locations and/or an API internship program to create a custom quarter program
- Minimum 2.8 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
API students participate in excursions each session designed to help familiarize them with areas of their host city, country, and surrounding region. The following is a listing of all excursions for API Florence programs. All excursions are subject to change.
To explore the wonders the Tuscany region has to offer is a relaxing and incomparable experience. The area features many hilltop towns, famous for the production of wine and olive oil. Thanks to ancient volcanic activity, natural hot springs are plentiful in the region, and the practice of soaking in the thermal baths was believed by the ancient Romans to have therapeutic value. Of course, no visit to this region would be complete without a stop in one of these towns: Siena, San Gimignano, Pienza, Cortona, Arezzo, or Montepulciano.