- Classes taught in English and Italian with international students
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (Marist College)
- Jan-term program
- Combine multiple intensive months in other API locations and/or an API internship program to create a custom quarter program
- Minimum 2.8 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
Please contact your API Program Coordinator for course syllabi for this program (for last names A-K – Ryan McCann; for last names L-Z – Lauren Daniels.
Welcome to the Florence course schedules page.
In the link below, be sure to check for any course additions, cancellations, or closures, and remember to pay close attention to prerequisites and class times in order to avoid conflicts.Not all courses are offered every session. The course selection may vary and no course is guaranteed. Some courses may require additional fees for labs, equipment, etc. These fees are not included in the program cost.
Courses are available at lower- and upper-division levels. In general, 100 level courses are elementary, 200–300 level courses are intermediate, and 400 level courses are advanced. Students who are taking Italian courses above the Elementary 101 level must take a placement exam upon arrival to verify their level of proficiency. Students who do not meet proficiency standards are assigned to the appropriate course.
When obtaining pre-approval for course selections, students should refer to the Marist College course codes and titles, as these will appear on the transcript. If you have any questions while looking at the course schedule or filling out your application, please call the API office at (800) 844-4124.
LdM course schedules – click this link, scroll to the city and term you are interested in.