- Classes taught in English and Italian with international, and American students
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (Marist College)
- Traveling program!
- Minimum 2.8 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
15 semester credits
In this traveling study abroad program, students spend one month each in three of Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute’s (LdM) four locations, and follow a structured program of five 3-credit courses, which together focus on interesting issues that intersect with the broader experience of Italy. In the spring, the program finishes in Venice and in the fall, it finishes in Florence. Classes meet every day Monday through Thursday for two and a half hours each, providing a total of 45 contact hours per course.
In Tuscania, students take an Italian language course (all levels available), and Italian Regional Food from a Cultural Perspective, a course with hands-on learning that situates Italian gastronomy and cuisine within its geographical and social contexts.
In Rome, the course on Intercultural Communication uses the city as a laboratory to study relations between cultures. The physical and conceptual imprint of Ancient Roman civilization on the capital, and on the nation of Italy itself, are pursued in the second course.
When the Three Cities experience culminates in Florence, students will explore first-hand and analyze the “Made in Italy” phenomenon, that is both country-specific and has global impact.
When the Three Cities experience culminates in Venice, students choose one additional 3-credit course, Venice and the East, which explores the city’s rich cultural and commercial ties with Asia, and then continue with language instruction.
Students receive transcripts from U.S.-accredited Marist College for courses taken at LdM. Marist College is a four-year, fully accredited U.S. college in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rachel Mogan is the 3 Cities Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Italy.
Alessio Balduini (pictured below) is the 3 Cities Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Italy.