- Classes taught in English
- Great opportunity to study Irish literature, history, and culture!
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to juniors & seniors
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport/birth certificate
- Passport-sized photo
- Entry requirements: valid passport with supporting documents
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
6 semester credit hours
Students who choose to study abroad in Galway with API during the summer are provided an integrated introduction to Irish Studies, incorporating elements from all the contributing disciplines. It consists of a series of interdisciplinary seminars focusing on key themes in Irish Studies such as identity, emigration, and religion, and a broad range of elective courses. The series of field trips is designed to complement the courses taught in the various modules and is an integral element in the overall program structure. In addition, as part of the Irish Studies program, an introductory non-credit class in the Irish language (Gaelic) is provided for interested students.
API students will receive their transcript from the National University of Ireland, Galway upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rachel Mogan is the Galway Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Ireland.
Fionnghuala Geraghty and Kevin Henessy are the Galway Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Ireland.