- Classes taught in English
- Small-town, authentic Irish immersion experience
- Ireland’s only “university town”
- 30 minutes from Dublin
- Largest number of summer course offerings in Ireland
- Special summer scholarship opportunities – contact the API office for details!
- Most meals included!
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirement: valid passport with supporting documents
Dates & Fees
API students participate in several excursions per session designed to help familiarize them with areas of their host city, country, and surrounding region. The following is a listing of all excursions for API Dublin programs. All excursions are subject to change.
GLENDALOUGH & BRAY
Glendalough is one of the most popular tourist sites in Ireland. The picturesque lake and surrounding mountains create a wonderful landscape combined with the monastic ruins.
This very picturesque city is crowned by its magnificent medieval castle and cathedral, which are linked by the city’s “Medieval Mile” – a routeway that takes in all of Kilkenny’s rich past.