- Classes taught in English except Hungarian language classes
- Tandem partner program
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a U.S. or foreign university
- Open to freshmen (2nd semester), sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Open to all levels of Hungarian speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry requirement: valid passport with supporting documents (more information provided post acceptance)
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS SEMESTER
12 – 15 semester credits
API students who choose to study abroad in Budapest complete their classes within the International Study Programs (ISP) department of the Corvinus University of Budapest.
Students can specialize in international business courses such as marketing, finance, and economics, or choose from a variety of humanities courses such as law, political science, psychology, and more. All courses, with the exception of Hungarian, are offered in English.
All students who have not previously studied Hungarian are required to take a Hungarian language course. Students are automatically placed into a beginning level class. Students who have previously studied Hungarian should contact the API office. Language courses are taught in Hungarian and are worth 3 semester credits; all other courses are taught in English and are worth 1.5 to 3 semester credits. The courses are designed for American and other international students. Students who wish to take more than 15 semester credits may do so for an additional fee.
TANDEM PARTNERS PROGRAM AND THE “AMERICAN CORNER”
API students in Budapest have the exciting opportunity to participate in the Tandem Partners Program. Corvinus University’s Tandem Partners Program facilitates intercultural exchange by matching full-time Hungarian studentswith recently arrived study abroad students. It is a program with mutual benefits! The local Hungarian students are eager to share the Budapest they know so well with their API Tandem Partner, and the API students are encouraged to integrate with local students and learn more about Hungarian life, both inside and out of the university setting.
With help from the U.S. Embassy, Corvinus University has also established an “American Corner” – a center on campus where students can go for academic support, study/computer areas, and American-style entertainment.
API students will receive a transcript from the Corvinus University of Budapest upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (with internet access)
- Mobile Phone
- Transit Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day, international)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Erin MacDonald is the Budapest Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Hungary.
Reka Futasz is the Budapest Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Hungary.
Sara Kothay is the Budapest Assistant Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Hungary.