- Courses in German
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to high-beginner and above level German speakers
- Completed API Application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Entry requirements: valid passport with supporting documents
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
3-4 semester credits
Students who choose to study abroad in Berlin in the summer language and culture program may choose from a number of challenging courses including art history, German and regional studies, cinema, and more. Instruction is in German, and is generally geared toward intermediate and advanced level students, though there is an option course for high-beginning level students. Most courses spend one half to two-thirds of the time on language instruction and practice, while the remainder of the time (generally afternoon lectures) are involved with a specific cultural lectures, site visits, etc.
API students receive their transcript from Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Transit Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Lauren Daniels is the Berlin Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Germany.
Christopher Pepin is the Berlin Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Germany.