- Courses in English and German
- Program designed for international students
- FORUM on Education Abroad QUIP accreditation
- International excursion in spring
- 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to second semester sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Open to all levels of German speakers
- Completed API Application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Entry requirements: valid passport and student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
The Freie Universität Berlin German Language and European Studies Program (FUBiS) was specifically created by one of Germany’s top universities to offer North American and international students courses in language, culture, fashion, history, international relations, and more that focus on Germany and its role in Europe.
Students in this summer program may elect to take only German language coursework, coursework in English, or a combination.
FUBiS offers intensive summer programs for dedicated and diligent students. FUBiS German language courses focus on the development of language competence in writing, reading, listening, and speaking, and are taught at European Framework Levels A1 – C1.
FUBiS content courses in English give students the opportunity to seriously engage in and further their knowledge of a subject matter.
API students receive their transcript from Freie Universität Berlin (FUBiS) upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (two meals per day and laundry with host family)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Transit Pass
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Lauren Daniels is the Berlin Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Germany.
Christopher Pepin is the Berlin Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Germany.