- Enroll in classes with French students
- Classes taught in French
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (UMass Amherst)
- Teaching internships available (for credit)
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to juniors and seniors
- Open to advanced/superior French speakers
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
- Apply directly through the UMASS Amherst International Programs Office (IPO)
ALL OTHER STUDENTS:
- Submit API application, one letter of recommendation, statement of purpose, and one official transcript to API
- Online placement exam and interview with UMASS Amherst program coordinator
- Supplemental application requirements are solicited upon receipt of API application
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS AVAILABLE
Semester credits: 12-15
Designed for students who wish to study abroad in Paris and take their courses with French students, this program allows students to select their courses from those offered at the Université Paris Diderot. Students with the appropriate language level may complete a course for API students, taught in French by a local professor at the API Paris Center. Interested students may also choose to complete a teaching internship for an additional fee.
UNIVERSITÉ PARIS DIDEROT
Located within the 13th arrondissement of Paris that is known by Parisians as the Rive Gauche, Paris Diderot is an ideal university to study and immerse oneself in the local culture. Students can select from courses in French language, the humanities, and social sciences. All courses are taken with French students and taught in French. To prepare for the immersion experience, students complete preparatory program or “stage” aimed at introducing visiting students to the French academic system and the campus.
Transcripts are issued by the University of Massachusetts Amherst upon completion of the program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors & Staff
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with some options)
- Transit Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Paris Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to France.
Francine Bost-Millisher, Laure Bettencourt, and Violaine Peladan are the Paris Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in France.