- Classes in English (with French language and culture courses available)
- World-renowned art and design school
- Top U.S. and international accreditations (including NASAD and Middle States)
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (Parsons Paris – The New School)
- Intimate class size
- Best-in-class education in creative disciplines, including art, design, business of design, and fashion
- Courses taught by leading industry professionals from the world’s two fashion capitals – New York and Paris
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, seniors, and adults with bachelor’s degrees
- Must be 19+ or 18 with 1 year of college
- Non-native English speakers must provide TOEFL scores of 92 or above or IELTS scores of 7.0 or above to show proof of English proficiency
- Completed API application
- One letter of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Official transcript
- Students who wish to take fashion design courses must submit a portfolio
- Entry requirements for US and EU passport holders: a valid passport and student visa
- Entry requirements for all other international students: consult the French Consulate in your home country
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDITS AVAILABLE PER TERM
SEMESTER: 12-16 Semester Credits
A leader in art and design education since its founding in 1896, Parsons has cultivated outstanding artists, designers, scholars, businesspeople, and community leaders for more than a century. Parsons has had a presence in Paris since 1921.
Students enrolled at Parsons Paris develop creative and critical thinking skills and apply them to challenges including environmental and economic sustainability and social concerns. Parsons’ network of interconnected design laboratories enables students to explore global phenomena at a number of sites and scales of engagement in on-campus research and initiatives with international partners that focus on urban life in Paris, New York, and elsewhere.
Located in one of the most vibrant creative economies in the world, the program takes full advantage of Paris, offering extraordinary educational, cultural, and professional opportunities for the growing number of students who seek a range of experience in art, design, media, technology, and culture.
Students choose to enroll in classes from one of the following program options:
BACHELOR OF FINE ART (BFA) OR BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (BBA) PROGRAMS
These options are appropriate for those who are already pursuing a degree in art and design, and who have the necessary artistic background or interest in creative entrepreneurship and design thinking. Students must meet the pre-requisites for each program, or enroll in classes that do not have any prerequisites. Courses are subject to availability.
- BFA in Art, Media, and Technology
- BFA in Fashion Design
- BBA in Strategic Design and Management
CULTURES OF DESIGN AND ART (CODA SUITE – SPRING ONLY)
The CODA suite is a series of 5 courses (15 credits) – 4 each spring semester plus one in June – in the field of design or fashion. They are designed for students with a strong interest in the arts, who are not necessarily art majors. Students may supplement their studies by taking additional courses at Parsons Paris (for an additional fee).
CULTURES OF DESIGN AND ART (CODA SUITE – ACADEMIC YEAR)
In the spring, Academic Year students will have the option of continuing in the BFA/BBA programs from the fall, or they can choose to enroll in one of the two CODA Suites: Cultures of Fashion or Design Cultures.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
Meals are not included. Students will be provided with information about affordable local options for meals near the Parsons building upon arrival in Paris.
Students are met at the Charles de Gaulle airport by on-site staff on the program start date. Students receive detailed flight instructions upon their acceptance into the program and should wait to purchase a flight until receiving more information post-acceptance.
Transcripts for Parsons students are issued by the Registrar’s Office and carry the signature and seal of The New School. A transcript is confirmation of a student’s permanent record at the university. API will send one transcript per student to the address the student indicates on the Transcript Release Form. Students who need additional copies of their transcript may submit an official request to The New School Registrar’s Office.
Parsons Paris, founded in 1921, is accredited by NASAD (National Association of the Schools of Art and Design) and by MSCHE (Middle States Commission on Higher Education), and is recognized by the French Ministry of Education as a Private Establishment of Higher Education (Etablissement d’Enseignement Supérieur Privé).
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Transit Pass
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Paris Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to France.
Francine Bost-Millisher, Laure Bettencourt, and Violaine Peladan are the Paris Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in France.