- 3 US credits earned per session
- Housing: double hotel room
- Metro pass included
- Classes taught in English
- Ages: 16 – 18
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. (Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis, and students below this threshold are encouraged to apply. These students may be asked to submit a letter of recommendation.)
- Completed API application
- Grade report
- Non-native English speakers must provide TOEFL scores of 79 or above or IELTS scores of 6.5 or above to show proof of English proficiency
- Entry requirements for US and EU passport holders: a valid passport
- Entry requirements for all other international students: consult the French Consulate in your home country
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDITS AVAILABLE PER TERM
3 semester credits
High school students are introduced to the art and design college experience in Paris. The program is open to high school students entering their junior or senior year and recent high school graduates. Many enroll to develop a portfolio for the college admissions process.
Classes are held from approximately 9am-4pm. Students will choose ONE course to complete during the three week program. No pre-requisites required.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
Meals are not included, but the hotel accommodation includes a daily continental breakfast. Students will be provided with information about affordable local options for meals near the Parsons building upon arrival in Paris.
All pre-college students are met at the airport by on-site staff on the program start date. A group return transfer to the Charles de Gaulle airport is also included on the last day of the program. Students receive detailed flight instructions upon their acceptance into the program and should wait to purchase a flight until receiving more information post-acceptance.
Parsons Paris, founded in 1921, is accredited by NASAD (National Association of the Schools of Art and Design) and by MSCHE (Middle States Commission on Higher Education), and is recognized by the French Ministry of Education as a Private Establishment of Higher Education (Etablissement d’Enseignement Supérieur Privé).
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Transit Pass
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Paris Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to France.
Peggy Retka and Rose Tierny are the Paris Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in France.