- Courses in English
- World-renowned art and design schools
- Top U.S. and international accreditations (including NASAD and Middle States)
- Study in two of Europe’s most dynamic cities – Paris and Florence!
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to juniors, seniors, and adult learners
- Non-native English speakers must provide TOEFL scores of 79 or above or IELTS scores of 6.5 or above to show proof of English proficiency
- Completed API application
- University contact information form (undergraduate students only)
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirement: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
6 credits per session
API students have an unprecedented opportunity to learn from some of the best fashion and design minds in the world through study in this traveling program between Paris and Florence. Students begin in Paris at Parsons Paris – The New School, and then continue on to finish the program in Florence at Polimoda – International Institute of Fashion & Design Marketing.
Parsons Paris, founded in 1921, is accredited by NASAD (National Association of the Schools of Art and Design) and by MSCHE (Middle States Commission on Higher Education) and is recognized by the French Ministry of Education as a Private Establishment of Higher Education (Etablissement d’Enseignement Supérieur Privé).
Polimoda is the only Italian fashion school ranked in the world top 10 by the authoritative publication, The Business of Fashion. Its executive staff have esteemed backgrounds with decades of industry experience: Ferruccio Ferragamo (President), Danilo Venturi (Director), Linda Loppa (Advisor Strategy & Vision). The school is housed in two prestigious facilities in Florence: the Renaissance style Villa Favard beside the American Consulate and the state-of- art Design Lab in the renewed fashion production district.
Polimoda’s faculty come from the industry and currently work around the world in the fields of fashion marketing, management, finance, branding, communications, art direction, trend forecasting, footwear, textile development, and pattern and garment design. The school welcomes 1600 students, 70% from 70 countries outside of Italy. 90% of the courses are taught in English which makes Polimoda a hub of diversity in the heart of Florence.
Upon completion of the program, API students will receive a transcript for 6 credits issued by the Registrar’s Office and carry the signature and seal of The New School.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Transit Pass
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Paris to Florence Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to France / Italy.
Peggy Retka and Rose Tierny are the Paris Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in France.