- Courses in English
- World-renowned art and design schools
- Top U.S. and international accreditations (including NASAD and Middle States)
- Study in two of Europe’s most dynamic cities – Paris and Barcelona!
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to juniors, seniors, and adult learners
- Non-native English speakers must provide TOEFL scores of 79 or above or IELTS scores of 6.5 or above to show proof of English proficiency
- Completed API application
- University contact information form (undergraduate students only)
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirement: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
2 credits per session (up to 4 total)
API students have an unprecedented opportunity to learn from some of the best culinary and artistic minds in the world through study in this traveling program between Barcelona and Paris. Students begin with two weeks in Paris at Parsons Paris – The New School, and then continue on to finish the program with two weeks in Barcelona at ELISAVA – Barcelona School of Design and Engineering. Students will pursue a track in Design and Food Cultures through both cities (or individually if only doing one city).
Founded in 1961, ELISAVA was the first School of Design to open in Spain, and as a pioneer set the methodological guidelines that have served as a starting point for other similar schools. Throughout its history, ELISAVA’s role has been instrumental in shaping the culture of design in Catalonia and Spain. ELISAVA is now a college of Pompeu Fabra University.
Parsons Paris, founded in 1921, is accredited by NASAD (National Association of the Schools of Art and Design) and by MSCHE (Middle States Commission on Higher Education), and is recognized by the French Ministry of Education as a Private Establishment of Higher Education (Etablissement d’Enseignement Supérieur Privé).
Upon completion of the program, API students will receive a transcript based on which portion(s) have been completed. Students who participate in both the Paris and Barcelona portions of the program will receive a transcript from Elisava/Pompeu Fabra University. Students who participate in the Paris portion only will receive a transcript issued by the Registrar’s Office and carry the signature and seal of The New School. Students who participate in the Barcelona portion only will receive a transcript from Elisava/Pompeu Fabra University. At maximum, students will receive 2 credits from each institution.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Transit Pass
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Paris Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to France/Spain.
Paris Resident Directors
Peggy Retka and Rose Tierny are the Paris Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in France.
Barcelona Resident Directors
The API Barcelona team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.